Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Baptism Testimony
At last, I was baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Long before I became a Christian, I have always known that 21 is a significant age for me. When I was young, I couldn’t be a Christian due to parental objection, and I used to tell myself that I would be a Christian when I am 21.
By the grace of God, I found Him and embraced His forgiveness since 6 years ago. And now, 21 years old, I was baptized with parents’ approval.
I thank God for Uncle Leslie, Auntie Linda and the rest who have been instrumental in encouraging me to be baptized. It is my honour to get Uncle Leslie, my pastor and my godfather to baptize me. I thank God that there was a class to prepare the baptismal candidates for baptism. Yizhen, a 3-year Christian was my group facilitator was truly an inspiring lady has encouraged me to memorise verses in the Bible, and it has helped me to share and teach readily. I thank God for the rest of the group members as well, like Shauna, Irene, and Ban Her. Thank you for sharing your life stories with me.
Cheryl and Jan, my housemates, prayed for me after I come back from Church. Cheryl has been encouraging me to pray for the gift of prophecy. She drew the text from 1 Samuel, the experience that Samuel has not heard from God and God spoke to him, which he taught to be Eli. She said, it is a process that God will train me, and guide me. And I shall draw people closer to God. Jan also had a word for me. He told me we are as new a creation as we want to be. God has done His part to die for us. Christians must have the passion for God, and 2 main stumbling block of a Christian life is lack of desire for God, and a hardened heart that says “I don’t need to change”.
Auntie Linda and Uncle Leslie have been fervently looking for a Christian name for me. Interestingly how they seem to be more concerned than I do…Ha. I wanted a name related to wisdom and the book of James is my inspiration. They suggested Solomon, Nathan….well, the name is Jayden, which means Jehovah has heard. But please, just call me Kuan Chin.
Like what Pastor Stanley says, baptism is just the beginning. I will start to serve in this church. It is likely that I will be a Sunday-school teacher. Please pray for me.
I am now a new creation!Labels: 示
AmenedIn the name of Jesus;
in the name of Jesus;
11:06 AM